Thursday, April 19, 2007

13,846th


Well, the results are in! I finished 13,846th over all out of 54,317 participants in the Vancouver Sun Run this past Sunday. For a competitive gal I think, "Wow! Almost 14 THOUSAND people beat me" - but then I think - "Well, I did finish ahead of some 40,000 others." And the truth is I didn't enter to "race" but to have fun and see how I would do personally. My time was 1:00:57. Glen and I were planning to run together but then, alas, a hockey coaching clinic lured my dear husband to Williams Lake for the weekend. I wasn't feeling all that great and almost abandoned my resolve to run - but Sunday morning I laced up the runners and headed out the door to the bus, for my ride to join the 54,000 other participants. I am so happy that I went. It was a beautiful day. Even tho I hadn't run 10k for almost 2 months (I have been recovering from a groin injury), I felt good and really enjoyed the run. It was cool to be part of Canada's largest 10k run and 2nd largest in North America. And now I have a time to beat next year!

2 comments:

Laura said...

LORRRRRAIIIINNN!! YOU RULE GIRL! Way to finish it out..and do well too!

I love you!

Laura

Howard and Judy said...

Hey, It's good to have you back. As you can see from my late comment, I haven't been checking your Blog lately, but I'll start againnow that you're writing. Doing the run is just an awesome thing, and you should be proud. Atta' girl.