Thursday, May 3, 2007

Go Shane Go - Go Canada Go

Well, this week I wrote a letter to our PM. I rarely do that. I have been so utterly disappointed with our government for trying to make an issue - again - of Shane Doan being captain of our beloved Team Canada Hockey Team. Shane was cleared of any wrong doing. Found "not guilty". Don't get me wrong, I am not in favor to racial slurs but the fact is he just didn't do it. He did not say what the official thinks he heard him say. NDP leader says it "casts a shadow" over our country having Shane as our captain. "Casts a shadow"? Are you kidding me? I am proud to have Shane represent us in Russia right now for the World Hockey Championship. I really don't think they could have picked a better guy. I support him 100 % - that's ONE HUNDRED %. I think it's cool he offered to step down but I am so happy Hockey Canada would have none of that and went to bat for Shane today in Ottawa. Oh man, I don't get this riled up very often but I am so ticked about this. So ticked! Actually, I also kind of feel sorry for the politians because they look so very bad, in my opinion. How any of them could have supported this has me baffled. I'm guessing they just went along with what they thought was "politically correct". I have found it very interesting reading how actual Canadians feel about this issue. I even signed a petition today in support of Shane at www.savedoan.ca and over 1000 people have signed it since I did an hour ago - that makes it 8715. I know there are a lot more crazy things going on in the world than this but for me I am still disappointed in our politians for flogging a dead horse. I am passionate about hockey and if there were ever a guy to represent us in this great sport in the world it would be Shane Doan. Go Shane Go! Go Canada Go!

No comments: